From: Xav' <blackhawk@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: fglrx and posix shared mem
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 06:29:17
1 Iain Buchanan wrote :
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > for a while I've been seeing errors like this:
5 >
6 > fglX11AllocateManagedSurface: __FGLTexMgrAllocMem failed!!
7 >
8 > on the screen when running screensavers, specifically "mirrorblob". I
9 > found an ubuntu link[1] which led me to an ATI link[2] which said it is
10 > because posix shared memory isn't enabled.
11 >
12 > Essentially it led me to `mount | grep "shm"`
13 >
14 > "If the mount was successful, then the following output (or similar)
15 > should appear:
16 >
17 > tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)"
18 >
19 > and of course, this is already enabled. So why am I seeing the error?
20 You have to check if in the /dev/shm directory there is no files.
21 If there is ones, check their permissions and you have to be able to write on
22 them. If not, login as root and delete it, the issue will be normally fixed.
23 This is because ati drivers allocate shm but don't remove them all the time.
24 > Has anyone else fixed this issue? I don't know where to go next, google
25 > only showed 1 match!
26 >
27 > I am running ati-drivers-8.37.6-r1
28 >