From: Nilesh Govindarajan <contact@××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Read only root filesystem on linode64
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 03:06:45
1 I am trying to run a custom kernel with gentoo on linode64, but there's
2 strange problem I'm facing.
3 The root always gets mounted read-only, I don't know why. I have this
4 line in menu.lst:
5
6 kernel /boot/vmlinuz-3.1.6-gentoo root=/dev/xvda rw
7
8 Also, the /etc/fstab line says:
9 /dev/xvda / defaults,noatime 0 1
10
11 Everytime I boot with the custom kernel, the root is getting mounted as
12 read only. The funniest thing is, even after proper shutdown, a disk
13 error pops up on /dev/xvda, because I see the message during boot.
14
15 Anybody knows how to get this thing working? I don't want to use
16 linode's stock kernel, the xfs code in it seems to have some bug.
19 Nilesh Govindarajan
20 http://nileshgr.com