From: Tsukasa Mcp_Reznor <mcp_reznor@×××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] why you've chosen your desktop environment? (no war !)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 16:50:52
1 xfce4 here, very light weight, customizable, boots up instantly for me.I use nfsv3 and netboot many box's with it as a shared read only root
2
3 > Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 20:43:29 +0430
4 > Subject: [gentoo-user] why you've chosen your desktop environment? (no war !)
5 > From: bz.khosravi@×××××.com
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 >
8 > Hi. I have been using the gnome for some time(in other distro's) and I
9 > had no complaint. However after switching to gentoo I installed i3 and
10 > it is very great.
11 > I really love it, but I was considering to install a DE too.
12 > Before jumping to gnome I wanted to evaluate my options.
13 > I have heard that " It is a matter of taste" but think it is not all
14 > of the story.
15 > I have heard that the gentoo community is more inclined toward KDE
16 > too. So KDE must have some advantage that makes people like it's
17 > taste!
18 > So can you please tell me why you have chosen a specific DE and not
19 > the other options ?
20 > thanks.