From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Projector on my laptop
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:18:15
1 Felipe Ribeiro <felipernb@...> writes:
4 > I have an Acer Aspire 5002 WLMI laptop running gentoo.
5
6 > I use my display on 1280x800 and i want to use a projector to give a
7 > speech and show slides and live coding. What do i have to configure?
8 > My xorg.conf? what do I have to change?
11 IN /etc/X11/xorg.conf look that the file. Near the bottom,
12 you'll find a screen section:
13
14 <snip>
15 Section "Screen"
16 Identifier "Screen0"
17 Device "Card0"
18 Monitor "Monitor0"
19 DefaultColorDepth 24
20 SubSection "Display"
21 Depth 1
22 Modes "1440x900" "1024x768"
23 EndSubSection
24 SubSection "Display"
25 Depth 4
26 Modes "1440x900" "1024x768"
27 EndSubSection
28 <end/snip>
29
30 You may have to revisit some of your drivers in your kernel, depending
31 on how your kernel is configured, but may not also.....
32
33 I'd save an old copy of anything you modify, so as to make
34 recovery from mistakes, easy....
38 James
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list