From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 01:26:55
1 On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 12:20:02AM +0200, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Hi folks,
4 > >
5 > > I was curious, what's the results of the openrc update for people that have
6 > > done theirs?  Is it pretty simple and "just works" or are there issues?  I'm
7 > > mostly interested in x86 and amd64 since that is what I have.  Just a simple
8 > > works here and I'm X86 or amd64 would be nice.  List issues if you had any.
9 >
10 > I'm using ~amd64 and upgraded long, long, long ago. No problems at all
11 > during or after the upgrade. I would expect it to be even smoother
12 > process now than it was then.
13 >
14 > IIRC the biggest deal with the baselayout/openrc upgrade was that you
15 > must update a bunch of config files, which are not necessarily all
16 > blind/trivial updates. Failing to update them could make rebooting a
17 > sad experience.
18
19 Same here, on x86 and ppc. Most of it was handled automatically and
20 the rest via dispatch-conf. Works just fine.
23 caveat utilitor