From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wine and h.264
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:37:48
1 Hello,
4 I'm certainly very new to Wine. I'm trying to test
5 this software on Wine and Gentoo:
6
7 http://www.hikvision.com/en/enproducts1.asp?tid=25&bgclassid=12&classid=25&act=d
8
9 Hikvision Client Software 4000 V2.0 (Build 090813)
12 it allow H.264 encoded software to be viewed on a PC. It works well
13 on Windows, but, I thought I'd give it a whirl on Gentoo.
16 I emerged wine (1.1.12), copied the executable to my dir
17 (/.wine/drive_c/windows) and tried to run it. Somehow
18 I ran the install shield program, but none of the exe
19 files work.
20
21 Did I botch the process? I have not used wine, in a
22 very long time....
25 suggestions and examples to follow on installation/config
26 and running windoz apps are most welcome.
29 James