From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which log file do all the emerge messages get saved in?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:09:58
1 On Wednesday 21 Dec 2011 17:48:00 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Evening, all.
3 >
4 > The messages which stream by during an emerge, in particular the
5 > warnings etc. which are repeated at the end of a single emerge
6 > operation. They're accumulated in a log file somewhere, aren't they?
7 >
8 > I can't find this file anymore. I've looked in /var/log,
9 > /var/lib/portage, but find nothing.
10 >
11 > Would some kind soul please identify this log file for me. Thanks!
12
13 /var/log/portage/elog/summary.log
14
15 :)
19 - Yohan Pereira
20
21 "A man can do as he will, but not will as he will" - Schopenhauer