From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Please help, kernel can not load root
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 19:22:48
1 On 04/29/2012 11:35 AM, Ignas Anikevičius wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > it's been several since I have tried to make my machine boot again
5 > without any live CDs and I could not narrow the main issue down. The
6 > problem is that the kernel can not mount the root partition.
7
8 The error message is unknown block(2,0), which may mean that your
9 kernel lacks a driver for your disk controller. IIRC the kernel
10 config menu for block devices has changed. Maybe you need to
11 set CONFIG_ATA or some other obscure item in your kernel config
12 to make the correct driver visible?