From: David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bypassing CUPS - howto
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 17:19:16
1 On Sun, 09 May 2010 06:10:02 +0200, Michael George wrote about Re:
2 [gentoo-user] bypassing CUPS - howto:
3
4 >If I take a PDF generated on the Mac and move it to my Linux system and
5 >run "lpr <filename>.pdf" I get:
6 >lpr: Unsupported format 'application/pdf'!
7
8 Take a look at /etc/cups/mime.types and /etc/cups/mime.convs, and
9 ensure the PDF definitions (there could be 2 or more) and conversion
10 utility are correctly configured. It should be obvious what is needed,
11 as the details are usually in the comments.
12
13 You will need to do this on all systems running CUPS to/from you wish
14 to print PDF documents.
15 --
16 Regards,
17