From: Dutch Ingraham <stoa@×××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] foo2zjs make install error
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 01:45:24
1 Hi all:
2
3 I'm having a problem installing a print driver, foo2zjs, downloaded and
4 compiled from source. This is a driver for a HP P1505n printer. (hplip
5 is not an option as this printer needs further firmware that is not
6 generally available). The error message I'm getting at the make install
7 command is:
8
9 "Error - foomatic-rip is not installed!
10 Install foomatic packages for your OS
11 make [install test] Error 1"
12
13 My box is a Dell 780 with no-frills Gentoo. I also have a Dell 3500
14 with the same basic setup, but on that box the install went fine and the
15 printer works.
16
17 To stay out of TL;DR territory, a short list of what I have checked so far:
18
19 - re-installed cups, cups-filters, foomatic-db, and foomatic-db-engine,
20 with the same use flags on both working and non-working installs;
21
22 - removed the foo2zjs package and re-downloaded and compiled from scratch;
23
24 - started and stopped the cupsd service;
25
26 - eix shows same cups and foomatic packages installed on each;
27
28 - neither the working nor non-working install use hplip;
29
30 - tried the Gentoo package foo2zjs-99999999 and the temp.build.log threw
31 the exact same error as building from source;
32
33 - Googled error message - no useful information.
34
35 (As a side note, I cannot install foomatic-filters, as it conflicts with
36 cups-filters, which has dependency issues and cannot be removed.)
37
38 If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be appreciative. If
39 further information is needed, please let me know. Thanks!