From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dev-lang/vala-0.44.7 is being emerged/unmerged at random
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:57:44
1 Every time I do a world update, dev-lang/vala-0.44.7 is being emerged
2 (parallel to 0.42.7 which is already emerged as a dep of something.)
3 When I then do an 'emerge --depclean', portage wants to unmerge it
4 again. On the next world update, it comes back. Then depclean wants to
5 unmerge it again. But only sometimes...
6
7 If I run 'emerge -p --depclean' a bunch of times in succession,
8 sometimes portage wants to unmerge vala-0.44.7, sometimes it doesn't.
9 Anyone else getting this weirdness? This has been going on for a while
10 now. I'm on portage-2.3.75-r1 currently.