From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11-7 emerge fails on libXt dependencies unmet
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:16:12
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Sorry this is a little long but it's mostly cut and paste stuff.
4 > Using the instructions here:
5 >
6 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Modular_Xorg
7 >
8 > I am at the point of emerging xorg-x11-7. It fails pretty much
9 > immediately with this message:
10 >
11 > checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
12 > checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
13 > checking for XT... configure: error: Package requirements (sm x11
14 > xproto kbproto) were not met:
15 >
16 > No package 'x11' found
17 > No package 'kbproto' found
18
19 ...
20
21 > However if I try to emerge libXt by itself, it seems to have a list
22 > of dependencies that must be in place before it is emerged, none of
23 > which are being met for the xorg-x11 emerge:
24
25 Mark,
26
27 please save the output of emerge --debug --pretend with both of those,
28 and file a bug with it. I've been hoping someone would be able to
29 reproduce this.
30
31 Thanks,
32 Donnie