From: michael@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video capture card recommendations
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 03:36:04
1 There's an article in this month's Linux Journal about MythTV, and they
2 mention the Hauppauge PVR-150. They also mention Gentoo as the best
3 distribution for MythTV!
4
5 M
8 On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, James Ausmus wrote:
9
10 > On 11/28/05, Budd, Tracy <Tracy.Budd@××××××.com> wrote:
11 >> I just need a bare-bones card to make backups of my VCR tapes and DVDs.
12 >> Not even interested in a TV-tuner though I guess they all include that.
13 >> Gentoo support is a must.
14 >
15 > I've had great luck with the Hauppauge PVR-150 - ~$100. I'm running
16 > Gentoo, MythTV, etc, no problems at all. It does hardwaree MPEG2
17 > compression, so it doesn't even bother your CPU - my MythTV back-end
18 > server is a Celeron 500MHz
19 >
20 > -James
21 >