From: Leonardo Guilherme <leonardo.guilherme@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Per-package splitdebug FEATURE
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 06:19:21
1 Hi.
2
3 I've turned on splitdebug feature (and -ggdb in CFLAGS) so debug
4 information are saved and I can debug anything that crashes. I went to
5 /usr/lib/debug, just out of curiosity, to see how much space was taken
6 and I found that it was almost 2GB, which chromium + firefox adds up
7 1.5GB and python gets another 0.3. I would like to disable splitdebug
8 for these specific packages now and in the future, so removing
9 splitdebug from features, re-emerging them and then activating
10 splitdebug again won't quite cut.
11
12 I wonder if there's a way to active features to some specific
13 packages, just like USE flags.
14
15 Thank you.
19 Leonardo