From: cal <cal@×××××××××.technology>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems emerging world on new machine
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 01:52:03
1 On 12/21/20 5:33 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I'm trying to update world on a new install. I can emerge the
3 > occasional app like syslog-ng or whatever following the Gentoo install
4 > manual. But when I try to update world, all hell breaks loose.
5 > Appended output from...
6 >
7 > emerge -p --changed-use -deep --update @world > /dev/shm/log.txt 2>&1
8 >
9 > I've bzipped the output for attachment... yes it's *THAT* bad.
12 You seem to be missing a dash on --deep, which has the unfortunate
13 consequence of being parsed as -d -e -e -p instead. -d enables debug
14 mode (hence the ludicrously long output), and -e is short for
15 --emptytree which is almost certainly not what you wanted to do here.
16
17 Try --deep instead.
18
19 Cal