From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mouse won't scroll anymore
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:59:50
1 On 11/29/05, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 11/29/05, Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > > I wonder that it only tells something about /dev/psaux and PS/S mouse,
4 > > but where is my USB mouse?
5 >
6 > Oh, a few more things. /dev/psaux is now deprecated, so you should
7 > probably change this to be /dev/input/mouseX.
8 >
9 > Also, you might want to play a bit with the ordering of your module
11 > so that psmouse is loaded before usbhid. This should make mouse0 and
12 > mouse1 your trackpad & stick, and mouse2 your USB mouse. This way,
13 > you have the option of not connecting the USB mouse, without having X
14 > complain about a missing device.
15 >
16 > In this setup, you would having something like:
17 >
18 > Section "ServerLayout"
19 > Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
20 > Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
21 > InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
22 > InputDevice "trackpad" "CorePointer"
23 > InputDevice "stick"
24 > InputDevice "usbmouse"
25 > EndSection
26 > ...
27
28 Oops, I clicked send when I meant to click inside the edit box...so
29 let me finish that thought:
30
31 ...
32 Section "InputDevice"
33 Identifier "trackpad"
34 Driver "mouse"
35 Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
36 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
37 Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
38 Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
39 EndSection
40
41 Section "InputDevice"
42 Identifier "stick"
43 Driver "mouse"
44 Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
45 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse1"
46 Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
47 Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
48 EndSection
49
50 Section "InputDevice"
51 Identifier "USB Mouse"
52 Driver "mouse"
53 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
54 Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
55 Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
56 # Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
57 Option "Buttons" "8"
58 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
59 EndSection
60
61 The above is assuming that you really need/want Emulate3Buttons for
62 the stick and trackpad. Otherwise, you can get by with a single
63 InputDevice section set to /dev/input/mice.
64
65 HTH,
66 -Richard
69 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list