From: Jose Maria Alvarez Fernandez <jmalvarezf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE media ioslave, udev, hal, and ivman
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:34:30
1 Hi to all!!
2
3 Maybe someone can give me a clue about this. I had this combination
4 working perfectly 2 weeks ago.
5 But this weekend, trying to mount some dvd's, I saw that everything was
6 not as smooth as it should be. KDE didn't see the dvd mounted, although
7 ivman did it. Also, when i click the "eject" button, the DVD goes out,
8 but ivman doesn't react. I've tried to reemerge udev, dbus, hal, ivman,
9 and kdebase and kdelibs, without success.
10 I've also tried to do it without ivman, only with the KDE Hal support,
11 but after mounting it, the kioslave doesn't show anything, and it kinda
12 get blocked.
13 I don't know what was updated that has done this, and i'm really lost
14 after the whole afternoon thinking about this.
15 I have:
16 - Udev-070-r1
17 - Dbus-0.50-r1
18 - Hal-0.5.4
19 - KDE-3.5.0_beta2
20 - kernel-2.6.14-archck5
21
22 I've aslo tried with an unstable udev version, but it made my system
23 unbootable (there were lots of messages in the screen from udev that i
24 could not stop, as if it couldn't log with syslog).
25
26 Can anyone help me or give me some ideas?
27
28 Thanks a lot!!
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list