From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel build - back in the soup.
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:26:07
1 2009/11/4 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>:
2 > I'll say right from the start, that building a new kernel, has always
3 > been a problem for me.  I don't remember ever not having a problem, in
4 > 10+ yrs..
5 >
6 > Many people here seem to find it completely easy... not me.
7 >
8 > I tried closely comparing the current working kernel with newly built
9 > one. I mean side by side with `make menuconfig' running in both sources.
10 > I cannot tell what it is I'm overlooking.
11
12 Please do not do this. Instead emerge kccmp to compare kernel
13 configurations! It is much easier...trust me, I tried brute-force as
14 well!
15
16 Regards,
17 daid