From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} cdrdao's toc2cue question
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:55:26
1 >> > I don't understand your problem. Did you read the cdda2wav man page?
2 >>
3 >> I did read it but I didn't find a way to get cdda2wav to produce a
4 >> single raw/inf pair for the entire CD instead of a pair for each
5 >> track. Do you know if it can do that?
6 >
7 > You told me that you like to have one file per track. Using cdda2wav is
8 > the best way to achieve this. Why do you now like to do the converse?
9
10 I said:
11
12 "I like to end up with a raw/toc pair of files to act as a raw backup
13 of the CD, and a series of individual FLAC files for each track."
14
15 I like having this backup because of the potential issues introduced
16 by having one file per track. For example:
17
18 Where does the "hidden" track before track #1 go? Should it be
19 prepended to file #1? If so, what if you just want to hear track #1
20 and not the hidden track?
21
22 I like to have a raw backup of the entire CD to avoid issues brought
23 about by splitting 1 thing into 15 things.
24
25 - Grant