From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] nfsv4 issues
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 04:49:48
1 I'm trying to troubleshoot a newly setup nfs server, which, sometimes has a
2 30 second pause (tcpdump shows its server waiting).
3
4 # time touch /usr/portage/distfiles/testfile
5
6 real 0m30.088s
7 user 0m0.000s
8 sys 0m0.001s
9
10 I cant see anything in the nfs server debugging so i want to strace nfsd.
11 First i tell it to use single thread so i know i;m stracing the correct
12 thread, but;
13
14 # grep OPTS_RPC_NFSD nfs
15 #OPTS_RPC_NFSD="8 -N2 -V 3 -V 4 -V 4.1"
16 OPTS_RPC_NFSD="1 -N2 -V 3 -V 4 -V 4.1"
17 # systemctl restart nfs-server
18 # pgrep -lf nfsd
19 23546 nfsd4_callbacks
20 23548 nfsd
21 23549 nfsd
22 23550 nfsd
23 23551 nfsd
24 23552 nfsd
25 23553 nfsd
26 23554 nfsd
27 23555 nfsd
28
29 So its not respecting the nproc setting. Any ideas? I also tried changing
30 EXPORTFS_TIMEOUT= since its currently set at 30. It didnt help, but perhaps
31 that's because its being ignored too.