From: "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] rebuilding dependent packages
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 23:37:36
1 Hi,
2
3 I recently did an emerge --update --deep world, which resulted in a rebuild of
4 the ffmpeg library.
5
6 The libavcodec library went from version 51 to 52, which broke transcode. The
7 --deep argument did not find the dependency there and rebuild transcode.
8
9 On my FreeBSD server, portupgrade has the -r and -R arguments to force
10 rebuilds of dependent and reverse-dependent packages. Is there a way to have
11 emerge do the same?
12
13 Thanks,
14 Mike
15 --
16 Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
17 "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a
18 touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
19 --Albert Einstein