From: Gregory Shearman <zekeyg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:42:26
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Wed, 11 May 2011 04:55:46 -0500, Dale wrote:
6 >>> I'll leave it like it is I guess. I like all the little green OK's
7 >>> that scroll up anyway.
8 >>>
9 >> Reassuring, aren't they?
14 > What's bad is when something doesn't start for some reason and you don't
15 > know it didn't start. Then things start acting weird and you get a head
16 > scratcher. It's one reason I don't like the picture stuff that some
17 > people use that covers all that up. Even when I boot off a USB stick or
18 > CD, I hit F2 or whatever to see if everything I need is seen and ready.
19
20 The "picture stuff" will switch to "verbose" if there's any errors in
21 the bootup process, otherwise it's a nice graphical bootscreen and a
22 progress bar.
25 Regards,
26 Gregory.