From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/init.d/net.ra0 is not bringing up the interface?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:55:46
1 On Friday 12 March 2010 06:12:55 Tony Miller wrote:
2 > I have added /etc/init.d/net.ra0 (my wireless interface is called ra0
3 > instead of wlan0) to the default runlevel. It starts the script at boot,
4 > but it acts like the device has not been brought up(i.e. with ifconfig ra0
5 > up). For instance the boot log will say:
6 >
7 > * Starting ra0
8 > * Configuring wireless network for ra0
9 > Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
10 > SET failed on device ra0; Network is down
11 > Error for wireless request "Set encode" (8B2A) :
12 > SET failed on device ra0; Network is down
13 > Error for wireless request "Set essid" (8B1A) :
14 > SET failed on device ra0; Network is down
15 >
16 > And so on and so on for all the different settings, until it finally gives
17 > up.
18 >
19 > I can do ifconfig ra0 up, iwconfig ra0 essid any, dhcpcd ra0 and connect to
20 > the network just fine! Of course I would like it to start at boot however.
21 >
22 > Any ideas? The init script is broken? The actual init script is very
23 > complicated, and even if it were easy to just add "ifconfig ra0 up"
24 > somewhere to it, I'm not sure if that's the "best" solution.
25
26 Look at /etc/conf.d/wireless.example to see how you are meant to configure
27 /etc/conf.d/net to manage your wireless card either using iwconfig, or using
28 wpa_supplicant. You probably need something like:
29
30 sleep_scan_ra0="3" #where "3" is three seconds
31
32 HTH.
33 --
34 Regards,