From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/profile.d/ and non-root users
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:16:10
1 On Wednesday 13 September 2006 14:26, Pupeno wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 > I have created a file
5 >
6 > /etc/profile.d/aliases.sh
7 >
8 > containing
9 >
10 > aliases.sh
11 >
12 > and when I log in as root it is clearly loaded. But when I log in as
13 > my normal user, it is not. Any ideas ?
14
15 Looking at the shell initialization files, seems that the only script
16 which checks the contents of /etc/profile.d and sources some files from
17 there is /etc/csh.cshrc (unless I missed some). So, is your root account
18 using csh as its default shell and the normal user instead uses bash?
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list