From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-systemd-only deprecation
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:24:41
1 On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Bruce Hill
2 <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 01:09:03PM -0500, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
4 >> >
5 >> > Hmmmn, it's a bit freaking weird - if I'm understanding correctly some of the statements made here about systemd - that there will be files installed to /etc/init.d/ that don't actually do anything.
6 >>
7 >> If you use systemd, all the files installed in /etc/init.d (except
8 >> functions.sh) don't actually do nothing. If you use OpenRC, all the
9 >> files installed in /urs/lib/systemd/system don't actually do nothing.
10 >>
11 >> Whichever you use (OpenRC or systemd), you will have files in both
12 >> locations (actually, a bunch of them), and therefore one of those
13 >> locations will have files that don't actually do nothing.
14 >>
15 >> Unless you use INSTALL_MASK, which is of course what this is all about.
16 >>
17 >> Regards.
18 >> --
19 >> Canek Peláez Valdés
20 >> Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación
21 >> Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
22 >
23 > In English "don't actually do nothing" means "do something"; i.e. "don't
24 > actually do anything" != "don't actually do nothing".
25
26 I was using (on purpose) the exact same sentence that Stroller used. I
27 believe he's German; I'm Mexican.
28
29 Regards.
30 --