From: "Marzan
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nvidia-drivers failing to install because kernel tree not found
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:22:28
1 I recently read an article at planet.gentoo.org about a 2 serious bugs
2 in the kernel that could lead to someone crashing or rooting a system
3 with linux kernels prior to gentoo-sources-2.6.23-r2. So being the
4 paranoid one that I am, I unmasked this ebuild and installed it. I
5 performed a `make oldconfig` and everything went well. I expected
6 Alsa-drivers and nvidia-drivers to be broken after the upgrade of the
7 kernel version. I symbolically linked "linux" to the new 2.6.24-r2
8 kernel source tree. Then, I proceed to re-emerge nvidia-drivers and it
9 states that it, for some odd reason, it cannot find the kernel source.
10 Moreover, it cannot even ascertain which system my kernel is built for
11 i686, Kryptonite 8 or K8 (Athlon). I tried changing versions of the
12 nvidia-drivers just incase the current stable one was not compatible
13 with the latest gentoo-sources package and the problem remained the
14 same. I wonder what's happening...Is there something that I could have
15 missed?
16 --
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list