From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommendations for scheduler
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:02:51
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > But cron has only one event trigger: wall-clock time. And it's a very
4 > blunt weapon. I'm looking for recommendations of alternative schedulers
5 > that satisfy real-world business needs that need some other event
6 > trigger than what the time is right now.
7
8 I had a similar need recently, and since the discussion in
9
10 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-992780-highlight-.html
11
12 had led to nothing satisfactory for me, I have written a
13 scheduler tool which serves my needs
14 (which might very well differ from yours...):
15
16 The corresponding tool is still in beta testing phase:
17 https://github.com/vaeth/schedule/
18
19 You can install it from the mv overlay (available over layman).