From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is this because of make oldconfig?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:14:04
1 On Friday 18 July 2008, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I rolled up a new kernel after I ran make oldconfig and noticed this
6 > > little message:
7 > > [...]
8 > > WARNING: modpost: Found 5 section mismatch(es).
9 > > To see full details build your kernel with:
10 > > 'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'
11 > > [...]
12 > > What's it telling me? Is this something I should ignore?
13 >
14 > It's telling you to do 'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y' to get
15 > more info :P
16
17 Sure, but since I'm not a kernel hacker (to be able to meaningfully decipher
18 10 pages of esoteric kernel debug info) and I could do without having to
19 remake the kernel in a rush, I thought of asking here first. ;-)
20
21 BTW, am I supposed to run by hand:
22
23 make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y && make modules_install
24
25 or should I set CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y somewhere else?
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick