From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc failed to compile, mpfr-4 compiled successfully...
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 02:20:12
1 On 06/24 07:01, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 180624 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
3 > > Am Sonntag, 24. Juni 2018, 09:01:53 CEST schrieb tuxic@××××××.de:
4 > >> The bad news: mpfr-4 was installed after a successful compilation
5 > >> and gcc failed to compile.
6 > > This was a collective thinko of the toolchain team.
7 > > The news item should never have been shown like this to stable users,
8 > > who dont have to do anything now.
9 >
10 > I read the news & immediately noticed that Mpfr-4 is still 'testing'.
11 > After a bit of reflection, as a stable user,
12 > I upgraded to Gcc-7, but left Mpfr + Mpc alone.
13 > Gcc-7 compiled successfully & I wb using it for next week's upgrade.
14 >
15 > --
16 > ========================,,============================================
17 > SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 > ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 > TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
23 Hi,
24
25 I think, my attempt to play with words despite the fact that I am no
26 native speaker ;) has spent some confusion (or I understand something
27 wrong right now:
28
29 In my make,conf this is set
30