From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A few questions on trying to install
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 05:17:58
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 21 July 2008, Neil Walker wrote:
3 >
4 >> Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Not my experience, though. Never had any problems with XFS due to power
7 >>> failure.
8 >>>
9 >> Nor mine. I have machines with ext3 and reiserfs here. There is also one
10 >> with xfs. Recently, I had problems with an over-sensitive breaker
11 >> tripping at irregular intervals. The only machine that didn't have fs
12 >> problems as a result was the one with xfs. ;)
15 > Just over two years ago or so, /usr/portage on xfs, battery ran out on laptop.
16 > The partition was borked (twice). The remaining reiserfs partitions were
17 > totally unharmed on both occasions and a few more since. It seems that YMMV.
20 What is funny, I think I was reading about these power failure issues on
21 this list a couple years ago. It may have been corrected since and from
22 what I read it is a excellent fs if you never have a crash.
23
24 I think any fs can have problems depending on the hardware and other
25 variables. So 'your mileage may vary' could hit the nail on the head.
26
27 Dale
28