From: stosss <stosss@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ping / connect to another subnet
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:08:22
1 On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm running Windows XP on VirtualBox, it has a network "NAT" so the IP
3 > address it gets:
4 > IP: 10.0.2.15
5 > Gateway: 10.0.2.2
6 > DNS: 10.10.0.1  (Linux router)
7 >
8 > I've tried to access the Windows IP by creating another subnet:
9 > ifconfig eth0:1 10.0.2.0 up
10 >
11 > but it doesn't work, I can not ping the Windows IP:  10.0.2.15
12 > (Windows firewall is OFF)
13 >
14 > Any suggestions?
15
16 You could try using Bridged instead of NAT. Bridged would let you set
17 up the NIC on the VM to the same IP address range as the host using
18 the same NIC as the host.
19
20 If your host IP is 192.168.1.10 on eth0
21 You could set Bridged > eth0 on the VM settings panel and then set
22 your net config inside the VMs OS to 192.168.1.X on eth0
25 If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
26 people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become
27 happy. - Thomas Jefferson