From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Qt5 X Qt4
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 16:50:54
1 Hello All.
2
3 Although Qt 5 is at a stable version, not so many things have already
4 migrated to this newer version.
5
6 Even the new USE flags, qt4 and qt5 are still not completely capable to
7 switch to the desired Qt version prior to building, as, for instance,
8 "dev-util/cmake" and "app-doc/doxygen", I had to manually switch
9 "qtchooser" set up back to Qt4 before correctly re-building those, even
10 placing a set of "qt4 -qt5" use flags for both.
11
12 Another detail is the eselect module for qt graphics system. An application
13 built using Qt5 complains about OpenGL issues, and up to now I could not
14 find how to set up Qt5 to use raster mode, instead of OpenGL.
15
16 So, as far as my experience says, it is not a good idea to switch to Qt5 at
17 this moment.
18
19 Any thoughts on these (or other Qt related) issues ?
20
21 Thanks!
22 Francisco