From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 07:51:26
Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:

> > Dale, could yo please add again rd.debug to your kernel command line, > boot with the initramfs, and post the output from dmesg (without you > manually mounting your LVM volume)? > > Regards.
It's attached. I see what it is doing but no idea how to fix it. It didn't use to do this. This is a recent thing. It doesn't appear to be init thingy related and I think Walt is having the same issue. Kernel maybe? I'm on 3.2.11. Thanks. Dale :-) :-) -- I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words! Miss the compile output? Hint: EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"

dmesg-init-thingy-new text/plain