From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] netmount; sshd borked
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:23:01
1 Hello,
2
3 OK so I'm now running udev-196-r1; booting fine now.
4
5 upon reboot:
6 net.eth0 [ stopped ]
7 net.eth3 [ started ]
8 netmount [ stopped ]
9 sshd [ stopped ]
10
11 eth0 is the mobo ethernet port, and it is fried.
12 I have not used it in years. eth3 is an add on 100M
13 ethernet card that has worked flawlessly. It is
14 working fined still.
15
16 /etc/conf.d/eth3 is set up and works just fine.
17
18 The easiest thing to do to fix this problem is
19 unmap the eth0 hardware. Where best to do that?
20
21 from lspci:
22 00:07.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2) <mobo>
23
24 1:06.0 Ethernet controller: Digital Equipment Corporation
25 DECchip 21142/43 (rev 41)
26
27 Ideas on how to best fix this? Make the Nvidia ethernet chip
28 invisible and the dec ethernet chip will automaticall be eth0?
29
30 Other ideas?
31
32 James