From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nautical Gentoo hardware suggestions?
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 15:16:45
1 Hello,
2
3 We'll it's time to take Gentoo on the boating excursions.
4 sci-geosciences/opencpn is in portage and I'm going to the
5 the Fl. Keys for a couple of weeks. [1]
6
7 However, much of the time, the Gentoo_nav_hadware will be
8 on a 17 foot boat (damp and salty if not wet) in search for
9 those most treasured of crustaceans (lobster). So I'm looking
10 for marine grade hardware onto which installation of Gentoo is
11 reasonably straightforward.
12
13 Otherwise, I can use something like my PandaBoard (Rev A1)
14 if I could find at least a 6" screen that works in
15 very bright sunlight?
16
17 Any hardware input suggestions would be keenly anticipated.
18 I've got about a month to prepare something. Garmin marine
19 gear is just too pricey. PS, I can coat most electronics with
20 a conformal coating. [2].
21
22 [1] http://opencpn.org
23 [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conformal_coating