From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo package source CD available?
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:14:35
1 hiren joshi schrieb:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Want to swith to gentoo, but
5 >
6 > - no internet connection and
7 > - still want to compile the source for my specific
8 > architecture/processor to make my system speedy
9 >
10 > Are there CD/DVDs available that contains sources (burn to CD/DVD at a
11 > point of time) of all the gentoo packages?
12 > If yes, pls point me to a link about how can I install gentoo using
13 > these CD/DVDs.
14 >
15 > If not, any other method to achieve this?
16 >
17 > Thanks for your time.
18 >
19 > -hiren
22 Hi Hiren,
23
24 there is some information about this in the handbook [1]. There even is
25 a special handbook for installation without internet [2]. Double check
26 this but I am nearly sure there is no DVD / BlueRay with all the
27 packages available from gentoo. This has two reasons. First: As far as I
28 know this would be more than 80 gb by now. Second an more important:
29 they change every day.
30
31 kh
32