From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] automounting usb drives
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 02:06:51
1 luis jure wrote:
2 >
3 > hello list,
4 >
5 > i'm old-fashioned and i never cared for this automount thing, but now i
6 > have two pen drives and two usb hard disks that i have to mount and umount
7 > all the time, and doing it by hand every time is beginning to be very
8 > annoying...
9 >
10 > i see that distributions like ubuntu and others have this feature by
11 > default: you plug in a pen drive and it creates a mount point under /media
12 > and mounts the device there. but i have no idea to get something like that
13 > working on my gentoo machine. i searched the web, but the documents i
14 > found on the subject are somewhat contradictory and all of them too old
15 > for comfort.
16 >
17 > any hints about a standard "gentoo way" to achieve this?
18 >
19 > by the way, i use xfce, so i can't use tools specific for kde or gnome, if
20 > they exist.
21 >
22 > best,
23 >
24 > lj
28 I know what xfce is but not have no experience with it. Would this help?
29
30 [I] sys-fs/udisks
31 Available versions: 1.0.1-r1!t{tbz2} 1.0.2!t{tbz2}
32 {bash-completion debug doc nls remote-access}
33 Installed versions: 1.0.2!t{tbz2}(18:36:11 02/25/11)(nls
34 -bash-completion -debug -doc -remote-access)
35 Homepage: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/udisks
37 storage devices
38
39 * xfce-extra/xfce4-mount-plugin
40 Available versions: 0.5.5 {debug}
41 Homepage: http://www.xfce.org/
44 That last one should put you on the right path for sure.
45
46 Hope the helps.
47
48 Dale