From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a question about updating process
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:51:56
1 On 29/07/2014 13:45, behrouz khosravi wrote:
2 > Thanks every one.
3 >
4 > I guess I got it know !
5 > And I must say that the way Gentoo is working now, is simple, no doubts.
6 >
7 > And I am surprised to hear that Gentoo is so strict to follow upstream.
8 > I guess it makes it the most vanilla flavored, And I really like it !
9
10 It also makes the Gentoo dev's life so much easier.
11
12 You do not want to get into maintaining custome patchsets for everything
13 under the sun the way Ubuntu and RedHat do it
14
15 That's a maintenance nightmare and a manpower sink of note :-)
21 Alan McKinnon
22 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com