From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev-191 bit me. Insufficient ptys
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:37:10
1 On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Peter Humphrey
2 <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > On Thursday 31 January 2013 14:05:07 Michael Mol wrote:
4 >
5 >> OK, it looks like /dev/pts is not mounted. But darned if I know
6 >> why...Isn't udev supposed to handle that?
7 >
8 > Why did you remove udev-mount from the sysinit level? I left mine alone and
9 > it all works just fine.
10
11 Because, when I initially rebooted, openrc failed to launch the
12 udev-mount service, and I couldn't get any farther in the boot
13 sequence until I removed it. (Which involved removing the symlink in
14 /etc/runlevels, since rc-update kept failing while complaining about
15 being unable to update dependencies.)
16
17 It seems possible now that the reason the udev-mount service failed to
18 start was because of the missing CONFIG_DEVTMPFS kernel config option.
19 I can try adding udev-mount back to see if it works.
24 :wq