From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] power management on laptop
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:50:57
1 How do I tell whether my laptop supports acpi or apm?
2
3 I'm sorry to keep throwing this up right now, but lack of experience begs
4 more questions. I've found a lot of information about this box (dell
5 inspiron 8600) from googling, forums, etc., but they seem to be split on
6 whether this box uses acpi or apm. I have looked at numerous articles
7 saying that they upgraded the bios regarding this, but when I read the
8 changelogs on every version of bios since this one (A04) [the latest is
9 A13], they all say that they added fixes for bugs in suspend and added
10 support for new cards. None of them say "And we went from APM to APCI" , or
11 anything like it. It appeared as though apm was supported in this box,
12 since my first go at the battery applet showed that the battery had 100%
13 power, and, after installing apcid, the battery constantly shows 0.
14
15 Any input is appreciated. it's a small thing, really, but now that I've
16 started looking into it, I can't let go until I find a solution.
17
18 John D
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list