From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ridiculously wide handbook pages
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:24:20
1 On 09/30/2010 08:13 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > I've noticed recently that the Gentoo handbook web pages are
3 > ridiculously wide. (It seems to me that they didn't used to be, but I
4 > wouldn't swear to that).
5 >
6 > For example, look at this page:
7 >
8 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=1&chap=2
9 >
10 > The normal text paragraphs have lines that average over 160 characters
11 > per line. The generally accepted guideline for line length in order to
12 > maintain good readability is 40-80. The above page's lines are 2-4
13 > times as long as recommended for good readability, and they are in
14 > fact so long that I can't make my browser wide enough to see an entire
15 > line.
16
17 Same problem here. The text is not able to reformat below a certain
18 point, and that point is still too wide. Reading such wide lines of
19 text is not very comfortable.