From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] shutdown: "device and target are missing"
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:58:07
1 Hi, I noticed one strange message when doing full shutdown.
2 It appears at the very end, before turning computer off:
3
4 ...
5 * Stopping fcron ... [ ok ]
6 * Stopping syslog-ng ... [ ok ]
7 * Terminating remaining processes ... [ ok ]
8 * Killing remaining processes ... [ ok ]
9 * Saving dependency cache ... [ ok ]
10 Device and target are missing; try '--help' for more information
11
12 What does the last message mean? I have three nearly identical
13 machines, and I see this message only on one of them. Seems to
14 me like some typo-error, but obviously, logs do not say anything
15 because log-server is already stopped...
16
17 BTW, it is mostly stable system except for makedev, openrc,
18 baselayout and sysvinit being ~amd64 (using baselayout-2)...
19
20 Jarry
24 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
25 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.