From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I messed up my gcc upgrade, badly I think.
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:30:47
1 On 12/23/05, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hi guys, and Holly too,
3 >
4 > I did my gcc upgrade on my servers and I messed up. I was doing two at
5 > a time and one is faster then the other. I unmerged the old gcc BEFORE
6 > doing the revdep-rebuild on one of them. I may have really messed up here.
7 >
8 > This is what I get:
9 >
10 > > root@pokey / # emerge -ev system
11 > > /usr/bin/python: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5:
12 > > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
13 > > root@pokey / #
14
15 Yep, that is pretty hosed. ;->
16
17 You can find a libstdc++.so.5 binary in the stage tarballs on the
18 Gentoo CD, or KNOPPIX, or maybe on one of your other systems. Just
19 copy it to /usr/lib, and you should be able to run portage.
20
21 You could also try symlinking .5 to .6. That is a trick that has
22 worked for me with some libraries, but there are no guarantees there.
23
24 -Richard
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list