From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rxvt-unicode has no transparency right after upgrade
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:19:30
1 On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 07:58:01PM +0800, fei huang wrote:
2 > I upgraded rxvt-unicode within just one or two days, right after a
3 > upgrade to version 9.09,
4 >
5 > it does not support transparency any more, but my Xresources had been always
6 > working for me.
9 > post a snippet of my config file here, thanks.
10 >
11 > URxvt.transparent:true
12 > URxvt.shading:20
13 > URxvt.tintColor:gray90
14
15 (1) To trouble shoot: is this an issue of Xresources or is this an
16 issue with urxvt itself?
17
18 Does 'urxvt -tr -tint gra90 -sh 20' work?
19
20 (2) For pseudotransparency and tinting etc you need libafterimage
21 installed and with rxvt-unicode built against it, look at
22 'emerge -pv rxvt-unicode'
23 did you enable the afterimage USE?
24
25 W
26 --
27 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
28 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
29 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton