From: Rudmer van Dijk <rudmer.van.dijk@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Oracle 10 or 11...
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:50:47
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wednesday 10 December 2008, Steve wrote:
4 > I am interested in the possibility of running a small-scale oracle
5 > server for some experimental development work. Ideally, I'd install on
6 > gentoo - as this is my server box... though I guess there may be hoops
7 > through which I must jump...
8 >
9 > I found this:
10 >
11 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/HOWTO_Install_Oracle_10g
12 >
13 > But it isn't in English... or, I think, up to date. Is there a howto
14 > for a currently available oracle download I can follow? Does anyone on
15 > this list run oracle on their Gentoo install?
16
17 Connected to:
18 Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production
19 With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
22 you can try this one: http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Install_Oracle_10g
23
24 I think I used the one that is lost (but this one looks very much like it) to
25 install Oracle 11R1 and it works, needed to do some modifications but seem to
26 have lost the file... it had something to do with linking against libclient
29 Rudmer