From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't boot using UEFI
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 13:41:15
1 Hi list,
2
3 I've bought me a ultrabook dell vostro 5470, and I'm trying to get gentoo
4 running on it.
5
6 I'm having a few problems, but I'd like to correct the boot one first.
7
8 I'm installing it from ubuntu live cd, and the comand:
9
10 efibootmgr --create --disk /dev/sda --part 7 --label "Gentoo" --loader
11 "\boot\efi\boot\bootx64.efi"
12
13 seems to work. It put a entry on bios - Gentoo - but when I select it, the
14 windows start (second boot).
15
16 The handbook is not that clear, so I'm not sure if I should call /dev/sda7
17 of "--part 7". Other difference is I'm not using a separate /boot. Its
18 everything at /, so I'm also not not sure if this path is ok.
19
20 This seems to be the very simple, and I'd like to have it on my system. But
21 I've also tried grub2, and got the following error:
22
23 "grub2-install: error: cannot find EFI directory."
24
25 What should I do?
26
27 Thank you,