From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIG reiserfs problem
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:41:15
1 On Tuesday 31 October 2006 18:50, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2
3 > Then I would propose you to use "hdparm -W0 /dev/(what-ever)" to
4 > disable the write caching (no matter which FS you use). Nothing can
5 > give 100% guarantee against power failure.
6
7 This disables only hard disk cache. If I understand correctly, the
8 caching done by the kernel (ie, by the filesystem driver) happens in
9 RAM, /before/ data is sent to disk. Did I miss something?
10 --
11 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list