From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hostile takeover of our github mirror. Don't use ebuild from there until new warning!
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 15:46:21
1 2018-06-29 0:15 GMT+03:00 Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)
2 <klondike@g.o>:
3 >
4 > I just want to notify that an attacker has taken control of the Gentoo
5 > organization in Github and has among other things replaced the portage
6 > and musl-dev trees with malicious versions of the ebuilds intended to
7 > try removing all of your files.
8 >
9 > Whilst the malicious code shouldn't work as is and GitHub has now
10 > removed the organization, please don't use any ebuild from the GitHub
11 > mirror ontained before 28/06/2018, 18:00 GMT until new warning.
12
13 I have heard that Github was bought by MS. So, why not to move to GitLab?