From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GRUB isn't working on SSD
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 13:49:13
1 On 29/06/2014 14:17, João Matos wrote:
2 >
3 > Dear list,
4 >
5 > After finishing the configuration, my gentoo was working very well. So,
6 > the last step was to create a stage4, and replace my old hd.
7 >
8 > I did it, installed grub lecacy in chroot. No error reported during the
9 > installation. My /boot isn't a separated partition, and my root fs is
10 > ext4, just like before. Everything is the same but the ssd.
11 >
12 > I tried the grub2, but I had the same result. I don't think grub is the
13 > problem, and I don't see need to change it, since I have just gentoo on
14 > my machine.
15 >
16 > what do you say?
19 does grub find your ssd device at all?
20
21 You can find it in the grub shell using tab completion, it is
22 (hd<something>)
23
24 If you have the old and new drives now installed, grub's idea of device
25 numbers may have changed
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com