From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Avoiding HAL
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 08:15:42
1 Brian Waters wrote:
2 > On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> In GIMP under the file menu, there is a option to get pictures from a
5 >> camera. I have never used that but I guess that is where hal comes in. It
6 >> may be something else but that is all I could find.
7 >>
8 > Christ, it's like .dll hell all over again.
9 >
10 > There's probably a use flag to turn that off.
11 >
12 > - BW
16 Yep, just disable hal for one. Since hal is gone, dbus may be another
17 that would disable that. I don't see the need tho. Until you asked, I
18 didn't even notice that it was there. Just don't use it. I been using
19 GIMP for a good while and still haven't figured out more than half of
20 it. I think it can do everything except wash dishes. lol
21
22 I'm just glad to have something that doesn't kill my mouse and keyboard.
23 ;-)
24
25 Dale
26